Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Ahnung Way ....

It's been 6.5 months now since my sweet Ahnung crossed over into the spirit world. My heart still aches for her and often I find myself hoping I will wake up, and this will all just be a bad dream .... and she will be there right next to me, or I will hear a big thump as she throws herself down on the floor to sleep, or  we will be taking one of our long leisurely walks. I feel her presence with me every moment. I feel her guiding me from the spirit world, and yes, she continues to send me signs and messages. She led me to Ishkode and the little fireball girl continues to make me laugh and smile with all her antics and mischief. I have no doubt Ahnung gifted Legacy with Ishkode ... as the two of them are as bonded as Legacy and Ahnung were .. only this time, Legacy is the big brother guiding his little sister in the same way Ahnung guided him.

A few weeks ago, Ahnung appeared in my dream. This was only the second time she has appeared in my dreams since she left the physical world on August 25, 2013. I shared the following on my Facebook page on Feb. 20th:


"I am sure it's not a coincidence that the morning after Ahnung appeared to me in my dreams, in what was so real and vision like, that I got a call from Purina to meet with leaders of animal welfare organizations in St. Louis. In 1968, when I was 4 our family traveled across the world from Thailand to Barnes Hospital in St. Louis in hopes doctors could save his life. He crossed into the spirit world on December 20, 1968. I returned to St. Louis in 1980 when we moved to the U.S. for our education and lived in St. Louis for ~ 16 years. Purina, in their efforts to build a coalition in Missouri 'found' me ... I have no doubt my Papa and Ahnung had something to do with it. Here is what I posted on the dream I had the night before I received the call: "And last night, Ahnung (for the second time since her spirit crossed over on August 25, 2013) appeared in my dream and she showed me a new way, a new vision. I am not a visual artist, and I woke up with an image so vivid, so clear ... a circle with with people of all colors, races, ages .. of animals, of trees, of rocks .. and at the center was a fire and flame that reached up into the skies; and with us were stars, a squirrel, an eagle and a turtle. And I could hear drums. It was as if I could hear the heart of the earth beating. I could hear Ahnung's heart. I could hear my heart, everyone's heart. We were one heart .. and then I woke up" So I reach out to the stars ... to Ahnung and to my Papa, for guidance, as I travel back to St. Louis next week. My life is not my life ... and my work on earth must not be done."

The vision remains so clear and vivid. I have been unable to erase the image from my mind and from my heart. And over the past few weeks, the words "The Ahnung Way" keeps appearing. Since my speaking engagement in St. Louis I have been asked to present at two different events.

I hear Ahnung telling me I have more work to do, and that my work goes far beyond animals ...  I hear Ahnung telling me to listen and to open up my eyes, my senses, my heart to the expanse of something so much greater; not to limit my world and energy to the world of animal welfare, and to not even limit it to this physical world. There are many bridges that connect all of us in this world, and there is a bridge that also connects us to those who have crossed over into the spirit world.

I live my life guided by a We Believe statement that I wrote at the end of 2008 shortly after Ahnung came into my life. The We Believe credo, was slightly modified and became the Leech Lake Legacy We Believe Credo. The We Believe credo is what guides the work of Leech Lake Legacy ... it is what guides my life, and it is what I believe is The Ahnung Way.

  • We believe we all belong -- that our lives have purpose and meaning -- and that our footprints will be forever etched in the hearts of some living being, some cause, some dream.
  • We believe a spirit of fire and a flame of passion reside within each and every one of us.
  • We believe our journey is a never-ending question, embracing twists, turns and hills with child-like curiosity and playful adventure.
  • We believe in the power of creativity and stories to open hearts, touch souls and inspire committed action.
  • We believe in community. That connection begins with conversation, respect, active listening and an open, non-judgmental heart.
  • We believe every voice matters.
  • We believe in the healing and transformative energy of animals to build a bridge for a kinder, gentler and more compassionate world.
  • We believe reservation animals challenge us, teach us and guide us to our deepest sense of Home.
Ahnung is asking me to walk a new path .... The Ahnung Way. Yesterday, I reserved the domain www.TheAhnungWay.com. I don't know exactly where this path will lead me, but I know that the vision she brought to me a few weeks ago is something I cannot ignore ... 

" .... a circle with with people of all colors, races, ages .. of animals, of trees, of rocks .. and at the center was a fire and flame that reached up into the skies; and with us were stars, a squirrel, an eagle and a turtle. And I could hear drums. It was as if I could hear the heart of the earth beating. I could hear Ahnung's heart. I could hear my heart, everyone's heart. We were one heart .. and then I woke up ..."

I will share more as this journey evolves and Ahnung continues to guide me from the spirit world. 


With my Papa




No comments:

Post a Comment